Export to Web
Exporting your timeline for the web
Aeon Timeline 2 can export your timeline into a browser-friendly format that can be opened by most modern web browsers (tested on the latest editions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge, with limited support for Internet Explorer).
The web export is a read-only view of the timeline that mirrors the presentation of the timeline inside the Aeon Timeline application. Someone viewing a web-exported timeline can scroll, zoom, and search within the timeline, as well as expand/collapse individual groups and events.
This may be useful for a range of purposes, including:
- Sharing a read-only version of the timeline with others who do not have a copy of Aeon Timeline
- Using Aeon Timeline in a presentation where you cannot install our application (e.g. a courtroom)
- Publishing your timeline, or parts of your timeline, to the web
How to export your timeline
To export your timeline for the web, do the following:
- Choose Export -> Web from the File menu.
- Select the folder you wish to export to. It is recommended that you create a new folder as there are many files saved during the web export.
The web export will create a number of items inside your selected folder, including:
When distributing your timeline to others or uploading to the web, you will need to include all of these files.
To view the exported timeline, double click on the aeontimeline.html file, or open it in your preferred browser.